Everyone wants to tell you how to live your life. I find that using tricks to help memorize lists helps when you’re at an action point. So when you find yourself wondering, What should I do? I hope you’ll consider these “N” words to help you get in love with your life.
The N’s of a buildable, sustainable life that you love
In no particular order
- Necessary. Routinize your life. Know what’s necessary on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly plan. Put it into a schedule with reminders. Electronic planners/calendars work best for the reminders, but you may need a paper copy too.
- Needs versus wants. We all have both. There’s no shame in that. However, you’ve got to prioritize satisfying your needs so you can enjoy the wants when you splurge.
- Negotiate to minimize overwhelm with boss, spouse, kids, exes, school personnel, IEPs, friends, family, teachers
- Niche. Find your place by working with your gifts and limitations
- Nickel and dime. Account for your finances. Get help if you need it. Set up most of your accounts for success by scheduling auto-debits, rebates, electronic rebates, cashback, etc.
- Non-negotiables. Have to-haves for YOU to function at your best capacity. Understand that these vary from individual to individual.
- Nuances. It’s the attention to small things that makes the difference btw getting by and enjoying life.
- New. Don’t be afraid of change. Be willing to explore and go in a different direction.
- Nutrition. Eat right to feed your brain so that it functions at its optimal level.
- Nix the nicotine and other non-prescription drugs. I’ve heard that it is a good medicine for your ADHD symptoms, but look at the cons. Look for relief in something less harmful to you and those around you.
- Negativity. It has no place in your life, especially coming from you. Work on yourself, starting with looking at the circles of people around you who may benefit from keeping you “in your place.” Don’t be afraid to start trimming the negativity from those around you. When you feel the benefits, you’ll be more likely to trim…